How to automatically open QuickSight dashboards to monitor performance

Hello everyone! I built a dashboard in CloudWatch to monitor the load time of several QuickSight dashboards using one of the available metrics (DashboardViewLoadTime). This works well, except it only displays data when a dashboard is opened by a user. I would like the dashboards to be opened automatically every 30 min to have a consistant monitoring in place. For this I am thinking of using a Lambda function but I cannot find an API call for QuickSight that would allow me to programatically open a dashboard in QuickSight to measure how long it takes. Any ideas how I could build such an automatic monitoring?

1 Like

Hi, @Wojciech_Peek. Welcome to the QuickSight Community, and thanks so much for posting your question! :slight_smile:

Due to the US holiday, our team will review this question on Monday. In the meantime, we encourage anyone form the Community to reply.

I don’t believe that is a possibility through the Quicksight API.

The only thing I could think of would be for you to use Selenium and open a browser with the dashboard and then monitor through that.

If anyone else knows of other solutions feel free to chime in but that’s the only way I can think of programmatically opening a dashboard.

1 Like