How to categorize the result of a calculated field into a visualisation?

I have a calculated field giving an average of a dataset with the values being 0-5. I want to sort these values into a pie chart to show the distribution of how many of each score range there are and I’m not sure how to do this. For example, I need to know how many scored between 0-3.69 based on the average that the calculated field gives us. Any help would be great as I am pretty lost at the moment.

Hi Ethan,
There are different ways to solve this challenge depending on your data and full objectives. It would be best if you share a very small sample of random data to explain the problem in more details. Then, the community here can give you a detailed answer.

Otherwise, we can just guess. For example, I can guess that by adding such a calculated field, you would be able to count how many items have a value that is higher than 3.69 (In my example you have two columns: ID and Amount for the values:

countIf({ID}, {Amount}>3.69)

But I am sure you are looking for a solution that will convert the 0-5 values into buckets. In the following example, I created a calculated field that creates one of two buckets: Small and Large:
ifelse({Amount}>3.69,"Large", "Small")

Now, with the calculated field above, you can create a Pie Chart. In the screenshot below, I assigned the calculated field (I called it Calc) to the Group/Color pane, and I assigned the ID column as the Value with Count as the aggregation option (Which is the default):

I hope it helps.