Quicksight Scheduled Refreshes Fail

I have multiple Qucksight datasets that leverage Quicksight’s Athena connector to build datasets on which our reporting dashboards are built. These datasets are refreshed on different cadences to avoid resource strain as most of these datasets use the same underline datasource which is on s3 in this case. We do load the data onto spice from the refresh for better performance. But we have experienced refresh failures with some of our queries which fail from time to time and not consistent (i.e. making it difficult to understand the cause of failure) and upon manual refresh it succeeds. I did not make any query changes just refreshed the dataset manually.

I would like to know whether there are any ways I could get more information on these failures.Attached is a Screenshot of the error code. I did go through the Error code descriptions on AWS docs but it’s seems to be very generic: Error codes during data import - Amazon QuickSight

Hi @TharindraParanagama - It is better to raise a AWS support ticket and provide the Execution ID of the failed query. This will help AWS team to gather the backend logs and identify the exact cause of the fail. To raise the ticket, please follow the below link -Creating support cases and case management - AWS Support

Regards - Sanjeeb