Remove 'Other' Grouping from Stacked Bar Chart

Hi :slight_smile: ,

I’d like to create a stacked bar chart with a date dimension on the x-axis and grouped metrics on the y-axis. Unfortunately, Quicksight automatically creates a ‘Other’ category that makes the whole visual useless. Actually, there are only 7 distinct categories and currently about 6,000 records aggregated by day, so I don’t know why this can’t be shown on the visual.

Any workarounds appreciated!

Thanks!
David

Hello @dbb1 - You can hide the “Other” category by using the following navigation i.e. clicking on the legend/group-color Other and Hiding it. Hope this help!

Did my suggestion help you in resolving your query? If yes, would request you to mark the post as “Solution”. This will help the community to find guidance and answers to similar question. Thank you!

Hi @sagmukhe , thanks for your suggestion but that would remove the data from the visual, right?

Hello @dbb1 - That’s true. It will hide the data points from the visual.

It could be related to the data point limit that is currently in place for charts. Please see this below. Please try to change the chart to Line Chart and see if that appears correctly to get an understanding of the problem / constraint. Hope this gives some reference. Thank you!

Well, using a line chart allows us to see all data points but makes the visual super complicate to read/understand. That is definitely a major limitation of Quicksight at the moment. Nevertheless, thanks for your assistance!

Thank you @dbb1 for your response. That’s true. However, as you saw in that post from QuickSight Team, they are currently working on increasing that prevalent limitation. So keep an eye for any announcement related to that limit elevation.

Did my suggestion help you in resolving your query? If yes, would request you to mark the post as “Solution”. This will help the community to find guidance and answers to similar question. Thank you!

1 Like