Scheduling Reports for Third Party Users - Does RLS on generated reports apply?

Hey,

Can anyone let me know if they have tried or experimented with the Schedule Function: I am not sure how this works with Row-Level-Security.

Is it possible to schedules reports to be sent to 5 different email addresses and these reports differ with the data they show based on the RLS these 5 different email addresses have permissions for seeing?

Would anyone be able to confirm if the above is possible/works as expected. I have tried to do some testing but I can only enter an email address which I am currently using.

We have a single DB which multiple clients are using through embedding and thus it would be great to generate automated reports to these users, the key aspect here is the following:

a) can we set up scheduling for different emails?
b) does RLS automatically apply when sending these reports to different emails?

Hello @mason1,

To be able to select other emails than yours on the schedule, you need to first share the dashboard with the specific users, or select “Send to all users with access”.

RLS also works for schedule reports and the security applies to the user recieving the email.

Hope this helps!

Hey this definitely helps, but I would appreciate to understand a little bit more detailed if I can: The problem with sending to all users is that we want to actually send this to some internal email for modifying to PDF slightly since the download is pretty ugly and we may want to combine multiple sheets together to create a better PDF/Story Telling. Is there anyway a single email can receive different views via RLS, or I suppose we could set-up per client a “email” to send it to for combining?

To make the reports nicer, you should take a look at paginated reports

Hope this helps!

Hey,

I am fully aware of Paginated Reports but it doesn’t really explain how RLS or anything works here: it has very limited use w.r.t controls comparible to reporting and unless it automatically shows visuals based on RLS for end users based on their access it is hard to say if it works or not. Equally the Report Generated is quite a pain to work with “despite Pixel perfect” is a real pain for making it look good across pages/sections.