Selecting the year in a calendar widget broken in the dashboard

hello. quicksight was recently updated and given a fresh new look. which is great, except there was a bug introduced.

when composing an analysis with a date filter showing, there is a helpful calendar widget for selecting the exact date. previously, in that widget, the year display on top had visible adjustment controls to set the year. now instead, one hovers over the year to make it underlined and see that it is clickable and when clicked a dropdown menu of years to select appears.

this works fine in the analysis. but publish the analysis and go to the dashboard instead, and now the year selector dropdown sheet fails to materialise. we tested this on multiple browsers and computers, so i believe it to be a simple bug. i wrote a feedback, but wondered whether others are seeing the same?

Hi,

When you say it does not materialise , does it mean you are not able to view year anymore ?

Here is a test using chrome :

date_filter

Regards,
Koushik

hi koushik and thanks for the prompt reply!
good to see that it works on chrome in your system. just to verify: that is a dashboard view and not an analysis? for an analysis it works just the same on my system. but for dashboards it does not.

what i mean by that is that the year appears. but clicking on it does nothing. (i made a screen recording but it won’t upload. besides, all it shows is that same calendar widget and repeated clicking but nothing happens.no year list drop down menu appears. tried safari + chrome on mac.)

Hi,

the view is from a dashboard tested on mac using chrome :slight_smile:

Dropdown QuickSight
really. it is just not happening on this side. strange.

Hi @jens. I have tagged this post as an error.

If you are still facing this issue, I would suggest that you log a ticket so that the technical team can debug the issue.

If you have access to the AWS console of the AWS account where you’re using QuickSight, please see these instructions on how to raise a support case.

If you do not have access, you’d need to ask whoever manages your AWS account for you to raise a support ticket.

Archiving this topic as it is being handled individually by support.

Thanks.