Billing Inquiry - Why am I billed while I'm still in my free trial period?

Hello, my name is Ayunda. I am writing to bring to your attention an issue I encountered while using Amazon QuickSight under the 30-day free trial.

So, currently I am using QuickSight to do analysis with my students. I am aware that the maximum free trial for QuickSight is 4 users, and 30 days.

However, when I set up the account, I accidentally add 5 users in total, because I was misunderstood and thought that admin is excluded from the free trial user. I already set a zero budget notification, once I got the email notification, there was a bill around $0.50, then I immediately deleted one of the users. So, the user just shortened to 4 users. The role are 1 admin, and 3 authors (no Pro users)

I thought the bill was stopped, and then I checked again today, I have a bill for more than $19, and it is said that it was charged from ‘Amazon QuickSight QS-User-Enterprise-Month’ (snapshot attached)

I have also checked that the I have unable the pagination option.

Does anyone know how could I be billed?

Additionally, I activated the QuickSight account on May 20, 2024. So, it is still a week passed. If anyone knows what happen, please let me know. I would be more than happy if I could know why is it happening, and also the alternative solution to this so I won’t be charged.

Thank you very much

Hi @ayunda - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. As per QuickSight billing, since you have created one user ( by mistake) and deleted later, you have to pay the bill for that user for that monthly only.

Since you are exploring QuickSight and do the experiment, let’s take help from Kristin whether she is able to help on this .

Hi @Kristin - Need your help on this. @ayunda is a new quicksight user and by mistake created some profile which occoured some billing. Can you please help in this case. This is by mistake and need your support.

Regards - Sanjeeb

Hey @ayunda

Thanks for reaching out. I believe Customer Support will need to take a look at this. Here are the steps to open a support case. Hope this helps. Let us know if you hit any roadblocks.

Thanks @Sanjeeb2022

Kristin

1 Like

Thank you @Kristin for your help.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like