Can one sheet filter provide two different effects on two visuals

I have two visuals in AWS Quicksight. One visual represents the alarms count for each community which come under the corporate parent selected from the sheet control. And in the other visual i have a single bar representing the aggregate value Alarm count for all the communities. Now, my requirement is in the first visual there is no problem based on the user selection the communities will reflect, but in the visual i want the aggregates value for all the communities except for the communities that come under the selected corporate parent. That means if the select corporate parent 1 then the values corporate parent 1 community 1, corporate parent 1 communit2 values should not be reflected in the second visuals.

@Pavithrareddy.05
You can apply 1 filter to n visuals associated with the same dataset.
So when you filter the data, it will filter the dataset, and then the visual will update itself based on the data.

So, probably no.

Hey @Pavithrareddy.05 ,
what you also could test would be to create a parameter (maybe a dataset parameter) with the column you use for filtering, then use this parameter in two calculated fields - the idea would be to not to filter on a visual level but rather in the calculation.
The first field uses the parameter as a filter basically if parameter x = x show x and the other one works like if parameter x = x show everything but x.
I haven’t tried this idea yet, if I have time the next few days I will look into it. But maybe this can help you already.
BR
Robert

1 Like

Hello @robert.eibers ,
Thank you for your response.
I attempted a solution where I created two visuals with a single parameter control. If parameter x equals x, it shows x in one visual. If the parameter is not x, it hides x in the second visual. Then, I merged both visuals into one chart.

Hello @neelay
Thank you for your response.

1 Like