Date filter last 3 months showing future` date

hello attached below is a screenshot of a date filter for last 3 months. Is there a way to anchor the date to today. It is show a future date not today’s date which is 10/26/2022.

The relative time period filter shows all time periods that fall within that unit of measure. In this case, we’re selecting rolling 3 months. Rolling 3 months includes 8/01 and goes all the way to the end of the current month, which is 10/31. If the filter was for last three years, the filter would end at 12/31/2022.

Adding date filters - Amazon QuickSight.

Thanks. Is it possible to create a parameter or filter to anchor to Today date so the end date would be dynamic to today date.

I’m sorry, I don’t think there’s a straightforward way of doing this. I tried to use a parameter as an anchor before but the end date displayed in the filter doesn’t change. The anchor filters records up to that date, however, the text in the filter still displays end of the month. What you can do as a workaround is overlay a custom narrative on top of the text being displayed and use that to display the correct dates.

First, I created a min and max date calculation (MinDate: dateDiff(minOver(Date, [], PRE_FILTER), Date). MaxDate: dateDiff(maxOver(Date, [], PRE_FILTER), Date))

After that, I created a minimum and maximum computation based on Date in the narrative.

Finally, I format the narrative to cover the date from the filter.