How do I share Dashboard linked topics efficiently

I enabled Q and added a topic for a Dashboard visible to “Everyone in the Account.” I see the search at the top of the dashboard, but no one else does. I try to share the Topic, however there is no option to match the topic sharing to that of the linked dashboard, nor to share to “Everyone in the Account.” We use SSO today to manage access, and fine-grained permissions are not necessary so access within QuickSight only needs to be adjusted to change a role. How can I ensure everyone now and in the future has access to Q without managing individual access to topics/groups?

Hi @Aaron466981

you might consider creating a group that includes all users and then sharing the topic with that group. Alternatively, since you use SSO to manage access, you could adjust your SSO settings to automatically assign users to a group that has access to these topics.

This post might also be helpful if you are trying to share all topics to the group:Taking access to all quicksight Topics through CLI

I am marking this as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community Q&A Forum!

GL

2 Likes