How to Combine Visuals from Multiple Datasets into a Single Analysis in Amazon QuickSight?

I have already created an analysis in Amazon QuickSight for a dataset (for example, customer_dataset). I created another dataset (for example, customer_dataset_updated_version). Now, I want to use all visuals from the customer_dataset analysis and apply them to the customer_dataset_updated_version analysis, combining both datasets into a single analysis. How can I achieve this?

analysis: customer_analysis
dataset: customer_dataset
dataset: customer_dataset_updated_version

Hello Saul,

Have you tried adding new dataset to same Analysis ? is this what you are looking for ?

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Deep

1 Like

Hi @SaulGoodman, did this solution work for you? I am marking this reply as, “Solution,” but let us know if this is not resolved. Thanks for posting your questions on the QuickSight Community!

Hi @Xclipse Thank you for following up. Unfortunately, the solution has not resolved my issue yet.

Hi Deep, Thank you for the kind response earlier, but I have a more specific question. I know how to add a new dataset in the same analysis, but I want to apply the same visuals (charts, tables, heat maps, etc.) from one dataset to another. For example, I want to use all the visuals from SaaS-Sales.csv in SaaS-Sales-latest.csv without having to recreate them from scratch.

Is there a way to do this in Amazon QuickSight? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Hello Saul.

I guess you could do it the same way as suggested before in the screenshot. you need add first (Example: SaaS-Sales-latest.csv) later manage data set and remove the old data set ( example :SaaS-Sales.csv).

If there are not major changes in the new data set such as different field names etc . it should ideally work.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.
Deep

Thank you, Deep, for your response. Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me.

I followed the same process you suggested. I added the new dataset (e.g., SaaS-Sales-latest.csv) and removed the old dataset (e.g., SaaS-Sales.csv), but the visuals are empty and display ‘Cannot access data for this visual’. When I select one visual, it shows a dataset option in the left pane. Even if I select the dataset that I added (e.g., SaaS-Sales-latest.csv), the visuals are still empty. If I select a field from the dataset, it creates a new visual instead of applying it to the existing visual.

There are no changes in the field names between the two datasets. I hope you can provide some guidance to figure this out.

@Deep
Thank you, Deep, for your response. Unfortunately, it didn’t work for me.

I followed the same process you suggested. I added the new dataset (e.g., SaaS-Sales-latest.csv) and removed the old dataset (e.g., SaaS-Sales.csv), but the visuals are empty and display ‘Cannot access data for this visual’. When I select one visual, it shows a dataset option in the left pane. Even if I select the dataset that I added (e.g., SaaS-Sales-latest.csv), the visuals are still empty. If I select a field from the dataset, it creates a new visual instead of applying it to the existing visual.

There are no changes in the field names between the two datasets. I hope you can provide some guidance to figure this out.