Table with Data until action previous table interaction

As I Wrote in my title case, I need to get that. I have a second table which is depend on the previos interaction of clic by select in one field more Date in table one and after in my second table I show more details about that selection, but now I need while there isnt clic the second table is empty. Is this possible?

Hey @rquintanilla ,

i think what you want is possible - it’s similar to @Nico solution here: Submit Button - Question & Answer - Amazon QuickSight Community.
You would need three tables and one parameter for your case. The original table - the detail table and one table to clear the parameter and the parameter that copies value from the original table.

The parameter itself is in my case an empty string:
The original table needs an navigation action to the same sheet that uses the empty parameter and the Set parameter value need to be the field you want the details of.
The detail table then needs a custom filter that uses the parameter
and a rule to hide it by default and only show the detail table when the parameter is not empty:
image image
The last table is there to clear the parameter. It’s a calculated field with the value ‘Clear’ and has the same action as the original table just with set custom value to 0:
The parameter itself can also be hidden.

Sorry for the long text but i hope this can help you. Feel free to ask if you need more help, something is unclear or my solution isn’t the right one.

BR
Robert

2 Likes

Hi Robert.

Thanks u so much for your time, really thanks u.

I have a question about this picture, I cant find where I can have this option. Can you tell me where I can find it? please.

We follow in touch.

Hey @rquintanilla ,

do u use free form? Then you should see it.

BR
Robert

1 Like