Trigger incremental refresh by API

Hi there,

From the document createingestion api is the way I can programmatically trigger a full refresh.

But I also wanted to know if I can create incremental refreshes using apis/sdk ? How can I configure the incremental refresh parameters like look-back window and column name using apis, like we configure in console?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello,
Yes , you can use the API.

1 Like

Hi @Jiaye_Liu -

Full API support is not available for incremental refreshes. Currently, there is no way to do the first time configuration through the API, setting up the column + window.

Python SDK: QuickSight — Boto3 Docs 1.21.40 documentation

Announcement: Amazon QuickSight launches SPICE Incremental Refresh

Doc: Refreshing SPICE data - Amazon QuickSight

Thanks for response.

One more question, if I use the API to trigger INCREMENTAL_REFRESH, do we also have the limit that 32 times in a 24-hour period for Enterprise edition account? Is there any way to increase the limit?

Thanks!

Hi @Jiaye_Liu -
CreateIngestion API for INCREMENTAL_REFRESH can be triggered upto 100 times in a 24-hour period.

Incremental Refresh feature is only supported for Enterprise editions accounts.

1 Like

Awesome, that’s good to know!

Thanks for sharing. Just one suggestion, maybe worth updating the document to include this information (I cannot find 100 times in a 24-hour for INCREMENTAL_REFRESH)

1 Like

Hi Jiaye, Full refresh via API is still 32 times a day. If you need more frequent refresh please raise support ticket.

Hi @Jiaye_Liu! Following up on @AnwarAli’s post, here are the steps to open a support case so that we can help you further. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!