Trying to publish the Dashboard but I am getting the message: Below datasets are being refreshed, please wait until the data importing finishes

I wanted to recently publish my analysis to an existing dashboard however when I attempted to do this I got the message Below datasets are being refreshed, please wait until the data importing finishes.
The dataset that it claims is being refreshed is a CSV file that I uploaded to spice and replace every morning. When I saw this message I went and checked the dataset. No refresh is at all taking place. The dataset is fine and uploads to the dashboard without any errors or missing rows. I checked other datasets that I have in the dashboard if they are in the process of being refreshed but all are completely refreshed and have no issue. I have no idea why I am getting this message and in reality it is inaccurate. This is however preventing me from publishing the latest version of my dashboard. Does anyone have an idea how I can fix this?

Have you tried refreshing the page or is it still throwing this error?

Hi @n_s - Welcome to AWS QuickSight community and thanks for posting the question. Can you please check the data set and refresh the data set manually once. Once the Spice refresh is complete, you can go to analysis and validate your result and publish as dashboard or share your analysis. Also please share your error screenshot ( if any) and give some volumetric details of the file as well.
@Max point is also correct, you should not refresh the page all the time.

Regards - Sanjeeb

1 Like

@Max @Sanjeeb2022
Hi, thank you both for your response. Yesterday I tried refreshing the page multiple times. I uploaded the CSV file as well multiple times. I read online that I might need to clear any caching on my browser which I did and nothing worked. However, this morning when I checked it no longer threw this error and I was able to publish the dashboard. I don’t know why it’s working now and not yesterday. The CSV file is not scheduled to refresh. I manually upload the file simply every day to the dashboard.

Hi @n_s - If you are facing the same issue, please open your browser incognito mode, hope that will fix the problem.

Regards - Sanjeeb