Unable to delete calculated field

I have a joined dataset. I had calculated fields in that dataset, I used them in an analysis. Then I removed the use of those calculated fields from the analysis and the dataset. but in the analysis view, it is still showing those calculated fields. Seems like they are stuck in limbo and it is causing an error unable to allow dataset to refresh
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 9.18.16 AM
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 9.18.51 AM

Hi @japeter89
not sure if the search is case sensitive, die you tried?
BR

yes, thats not it. Its really bizarre. like it is in limbo. hard to remove dataset and redo because of the analysis built off of it
Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 11.24.16 AM

Is the measure just in one or more analysis? I guess you could delete the field via CLI somehow.

its not being used in any analysis

Last corners to check.

• You are looking at the same dataset? Maybe two datasets with the same name?
  • Same environment? As your analysis is named UAT. Are there different?

Maybe CLI is the option.

yep, all double checked. Its a quicksight bug. I will use cli. this happened because of creating calculated field in the analysis instead of the dataset. Seems to be a bug when doing that.

If you create a field in analysis you can’t delete it within dataset. Because it’s not existing on dataset.

How do you delete it then? I am unable to in the analysis. look at image above

Check if you can find the ‘Other’ field in the ‘excluded fields’ list in the dataset.

I did all of that. I ended up using the cli to remove those calculated fields. seems somehow they existed but didnt show on the UI. A bug for sure. I will be closing this chat. Thanks everyone.