This refresh didn’t generate an error report

Hi,
I have a refresh that skips some lines. When I go to the dataset Refresh error details, and click on the line I get the message
“This refresh didn’t generate an error report”.

What could be the cause of this? How can I get information on the rows that are skipped ?

One of the reason can be some records’ data type in data source are different with the data type defined in QuickSight. For instance, a letter in an integer column. Some other examples can be referred in here Troubleshooting skipped row errors - Amazon QuickSight

Or you may raise a support ticket. Support engineers can help to provide a closer look and check the error log

My issue is that I cannot get the error logs. My datasets have thousands of lines so it would be helpful to get this error report for the troubleshooting, and I don’t know why this report is not generated.

Hi Martin,

Usually, the report is generated and downloadable from the link DOWNLOAD ERROR ROWS FILE. I do understand that the report was not generated in this case for you to be able download. As Roy mentioned, in this case it would be best to open a support ticket and provide the ingestion details and dataset details and one of our Engineers will be able to help you get the report and guide you in solving the issue.

Hi, @Martin. In case you need them, here are the steps to open a support case. If your company has someone who manages your AWS account, you might not have direct access to AWS Support and will need to raise an internal ticket to your IT team or whomever manages your AWS account. They should be able to open an AWS Support case on your behalf. Hope this helps!